At the 66 North Ave. site, a small food shelf is available for families and individuals in need of food assistance. Donations from a local grocery, the University of Vermont, and community members supply non-perishable food items. Last year, over 250 families utilized the emergency food shelf, receiving a three-day supply of groceries.
To receive assistance, please call the Center at (802) 862-6342 to schedule an appointment; one may use the Center’s food shelf once a month.
Donations for the food shelf are always welcome. Non-perishable, canned food items are the best.
The following items are always needed:
* Cereals (low-sugar)
* Canned tuna, salmon and chicken
* Vegetables & fruits
* Peanut-butter & jelly
* Pasta and spagetti sauce
* Macoroni and cheese
* Canned & dry beans, rice and whole grains
* Meals in a can, such as Mini Ravioli’s and mac and cheese
* Household products: dish detergent, laundry soap, light bulbs, paper towels
* Personal care products: soap, shampoo, toothpaste, tooth brushes, bathroom tissue, etc.
Please check the expiration dates; expired foods are not distributed.