Volunteers play an important role at the Sara Holbrook Community Center (SHCC) by donating their time and talents to programs. There are many volunteer opportunities at both sites: the SHCC at 66 North Avenue and the Sara Holbrook Teen Center (SHTC) site located within the Robert Miller Community Center at 130 Gosse Court.
These opportunities can be:
• reading to young children in preschool
• playing, laughing, and mentoring children in afterschool
• shooting hoops with middle schoolers at the SHTC
• being a positive role model for young teens
• helping with mailings and other administrative work
• collecting food for our emergency food shelf
• setting up for or staffing special events
• assisting with website and desktop support
• and many more!
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Development Director, Jenny Evans, at (802) 862-6342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, you may check the SHCC’s current volunteer listings through the United Way of Chittenden County Volunteer Center . Please visit their website at:http://www.volunteersolutions.org/chittenden/org/3732321.html
Important Notice: Background Checks
As a licensed child care facility, volunteers in children’s programs at the Sara Holbrook Community Center are required to consent to a criminal background check at the time of interview and prior to placement. This process may include a statewide and national criminal background check. While this process may seem tedious, it is necessary to ensure the safety of our children and families. Background checks may take up to two weeks to complete.