About Us: SHCC is a small-and-mighty, kid-centered nonprofit community center—now in its 81st year. Since 1937, SHCC has been providing support and programs for local families, especially immigrant and refugee families and low-income children and their families in the North End and surrounding areas of Burlington. We serve over 1,100 children annually. All of the Center’s programs are free or low-cost. In a climate of discrimination across the world, we stand firm in our commitment to expanding our space and our programs, thus expanding our welcome and making sure every child and adult served at SHCC is treated with respect and dignity.
The following positions are currently open:
Qualifications: Education: B.S. degree in social services or a related field required. M.A. or M.S. preferred.
Experience: Five or more years of supervisory or managerial experience in all aspects of non-profit management and administration. Experiences will include program development; fundraising; finances, personnel and resource management; budget development; working with a board of directors; public relations, and advocacy. Experience in program development or direct experience with children, youth, and families is ideal. Experience in social services or a related field preferred.
Projected start date: 12/01/2019
Application deadline: 10/09/2019
Interested applicants please send resume with a cover letter and three references to:
ED Search Committee
PO BOX 3039
Burlington, VT 05408
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
The Sara M. Holbrook Community Center is an EOE. Our Mission is to develop responsible and productive children, youth and families through social development, educational and recreational opportunities.
Position Title: Custodian
Reports To: Executive Director
Work Hours: Approximately 3 hours per day (typically from 5:30pm-8:30pm) Monday through Friday
Position Overview: Under the direction of the Executive Director or designee, this position is responsible for performing custodial duties for buildings and grounds. Knowledge or willingness to learn and implement proper cleaning techniques is essential.
Duration: year-round; except when the program is closed for certain holidays and school vacation weeks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vacuum, sweep and mop all floors and stairs
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms
- Clean sinks and countertops daily, appliances as needed
- Empty all trash cans and recycle bins, replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary
- Dust and clean office desks and furniture that are not cluttered
- Clean windowsills and windows
- Arrange furniture daily
- Maintain custodial closets in a clean, organized and safe manner
- General maintenance of grounds (shoveling, transfer recycling & trash on pick up days, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products or willingness to learn
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this position. They do not include all job duties performed by employees in this position. Sara Holbrook Community Center is EOE.
Thanks for your interest in working with us!
For questions about these positions or employment with SHCC, please contact Anera Fočo at: email@example.com
(All positions listed until filled. Site last updated 10/07/2019)