- YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT
The Center is seeking highly motivated, experienced youth assistants to work with middle school-aged children in our afterschool program at 130 Gosse Court (Robert Miller Center) in Burlington. Our youth center facility has use of a full court gym, a spacious recreation room with ping pong and pool tables, an arts & crafts room, a movement studio, and a full kitchen. There are lots of opportunities for outdoor recreation and local field trips, as well.
The afterschool program hours for students are 3:00 pm-5:30 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, and 2:00 pm on Wednesdays. This part-time position offers 15 hours per week during the school year and the possibility of a six-week adventure program (40 hours per week) in the summer.
Education and skills requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED plus two years of college.
- Knowledge and experience of child development principles
- Capable of creating boundaries and enforcing the Center’s expectations of behavior
- Must consistently demonstrate a positive attitude with youth, parents, and co-workers
- Ability to relate to youth and their issues
- Confidence to manage teen behavior as well as handle conflict between youth
- Knowledge of and ability to administer basic first aid
- Accept the role and responsibility of being a mandated reporter
Pay range: $11-15 per hour.
Please email resume, cover letter, and three references to Gabe Diaz, Program Director
Email: email@example.com Phone: 860-4986.
2. BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONIST
Reports to: Afterschool Program Director and Executive Director
Compensation: $20.00 per hour, 6 hours per week
Description: Highly qualified Behavior Interventionist with knowledge and skills necessary to assist children and staff through the application of positive behavior supports. The Behavior Interventionist helps coordinate Functional Assessments of Behavior and Behavior Intervention Plan that address students’ inappropriate behaviors and provides a means to help the students become more academically and socially successful. The Behavior Interventionist also provides program-wide management strategies.
Please email resume, cover letter, and three references to Donna Diaz, Program Director
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 864-6364
Sara Holbrook Community Center is an equal opportunity employer.